Friday, December 31, 2010

"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man (or woman -ls)." – Benjamin Franklin
Every New Year provides us the opportunity for fresh start—a blank slate so to speak or perhaps just a sense of hope for what’s to come.
2011 promises to be a big year. I mean we’re going to have a royal wedding not to mention my big brother’s getting hitched! And its proof we survived the first decade of a new century. (Y2What??)
Approaching a new year and a new decade gave me the opportunity to think about all that’s happened in my life. Take some time before 2011 and make a list of some noteworthy things that happened in the past ten years!

My Last 10 Years
Got my best time in 100 breststroke at state - Go Mustangs!
Graduated High School
Started College
Was in a John Deere educational video (haha)
Studied abroad in London - (woo London!)
Met my husband in Columbia, Missouri
Graduated from the University of Missouri with a degree in Broadcast Journalism
Started my first “real” job at WIBW in Topeka Kansas
Covered my first huge story, following the Kansas National Guard organizing “ground zero” after Hurricane Katrina
Erik started Med School at Creighton
Moved to Omaha, Nebraska to be a reporter at KETV
Got married!
Went back to London for my honeymoon
Had my "lucky" birthday (7-7-07)
Met Desmond Tutu during a story
Started a new career in public relations at Creighton University Medical Center
Went to a Garth Brooks concert
Watched my best friend walk down the aisle
Erik graduated with an M.D.
Moved to Virginia
Started working at Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
Met Annie Leibovitz
Cheers to the next 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment