Thursday, May 28, 2009

Poetry for your day!

London Morning

Car exhaust,
Highway traffic,
Green leafy trees,
The crisp morning air of a 70-degree day,
Like a smell reminding you of a person.
This feeling reminding me of a city,
My lungs fill with longing,
My heart with desire,
I slow down the walk from my car,
My nostrils make exaggerated flare,
My eyes close,
To any outsider I look like a crazy woman,
in heels, arriving late to work,
enjoying the smell of spring.
But in my mind
It's a beautiful fall day,
As I walk past Earl's Court,
Toward Gloucester.
Madeline-clad school girls hurry down the wide sidewalks,
Cell-phones, zebra crossings, cigarette smoke,
Matchbox cars honking, mo-peds zoom,
Newspapers landscape the streets,
Workers balance lattes and the walk,
I am there, in love with a city,
For one moment in Omaha , NE , I am there...

No comments:

Post a Comment